“Potential to serve as a model of heritage orchard restoration in the San Lorenzo Valley; to educate and facilitate the design of permaculture systems integrated with the environment, such as planting, composting, beekeeping, propagation, and recycling.”
Goals (guided by Best Management Practices) include:
- Applying permaculture principles to restore and recover heritage apple orchard;
- Sharing experiences with balancing ecological systems and applying organic farming practices;
- Creating experiential outdoor classroom;
- Increasing knowledge and awareness through informative site visits;
- Promoting the use of alternative building techniques using recycled materials.