Yesterday we added T-Posts around the property to move back the deer fence. In one spot, we had an oak tree leaning into a huge Live Oak. We asked our farm hand, Will, to cut it down. A few days ago, he cut the trunk, and the tree sprung upright and propped itself up.
Yesterday, Will finished cutting the tree, and we successfully removed it. The space is clear so we can finish adding the wire deer fence. We also ripped out entangled berries and poison oak, more sun!
Now, we have two huge brush piles requiring more hauling and clearing. It feels like a never-ending project as we cut more and clear the space for the trail on October 8-10. Progress!