It was a busy weekend preparing for our nucs that we’ll pick up next Sunday. It’s been a few years since the hives had bees, so it was time to take inventory and buy new wire bottom boards. I scrubbed all the plastic frame inserts with bleach. Today, we took them over to the beekeeper to scorch the supplies to remove any diseases.
Scorching the wood on the inside to prevent any diseases.
We got to see the nucs which are healthy and happy. He asked if I wanted to pick my two, but I said just pick them for me. He’ll put them in my supers which we’ll pick up next Sunday. The colored tape on the nucs help bees identify which hive to return to.