After we started leveling the pad for the barn, it was apparent that we needed to redo and remove the wire and t-post fence.
I decided to hire our farmhand Will today to help with the labor. He removed the wire and t-posts, brought an auger to dig the holes, unloaded cement, and helped cement the posts in place.
The beautiful thing about this project is that the wood is all free. The price of redwood 6×6 posts is very expensive so I decided to “marry” 3 2x6s together. I primed the bottoms and coated the tops with boiled linseed oil to help preserve it as much as possible.
Tomorrow, I’ll cut redwood bark slabs to fit and add them to the new fence on both sides. On Saturday, we’ll back fill and continue to level the pad. I also plan to build a 4′ wide gate for the horses.